[horde] Dynamic Webmail - VFS File Error

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 03:09:38 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Seems since the upgrade to Horde 5 from Horde 4, we've ran into numerous issues.

It looks like one of the other two issues we've experienced may have been fixed with the latest IMP update.  Originally, users were not able to double-click an e-mail in IMP to show a message.  Only was in Internet Explorer 10 and it was bringing up a blank page.  Internet Explorer 10 had to be put into compatibility mode for the e-mail to appear - which then prevented them from seeing the full-featured version of Horde upon login because Horde saw the browser differently.  Anyways, this issue appears like it is SOLVED now.

The other issue - which doesn't seem like it will be fixed - is in regards to the signatures not being in the composition box.  Other threads I've read said that it is 'by design' and that it is not coming back.  It seems a pretty common standard that signatures should show directly under a person's reply to an e-mail - not appended at the bottom of the e-mail.  All major e-mail programs - including Thunderbird and Outlook - append signatures at the top of replies allowing the person to type above it, thereby making the signature right under their reply.

Finally, a newer issue.  Maybe this is caused by a configuration problem - and would be nice if there was a way to fully shut off VFS if that is even possible.  I have shut off VFS usage in the IMP configuration (top setting on the Compose tab) - but that didn't change anything.

Synopsis is - a person replies to an e-mail.  Down in the bottom right corner, a red box comes
up and will say something such as:

Unable to open VFS file .horde/imp/compose/<STRING>

Customers have indicated that the error comes up when they try and hit the SEND button.

Horde 5 is installed with a separate pear install.  This is how Horde 4 was installed and had worked well.
I have updated to the latest version of the Horde applications as well.

Thank you for any help and guidance.

Brian S.