[horde] Horde 5.1.5, unable to change user theme preferences

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Fri Dec 27 19:34:39 UTC 2013

I have a feeling I am going to feel really stupid when I find out what
the problem is...but at some point in the last few months of Debian
releases for H5, our users have lost the ability to change their theme
preferences.

We use the Debian packages for H5 (thanks Mathieu)

This past summer I added the code below to our
horde/config/registry.local.php as a direct link for the user to edit
their theme preference.  This worked fine when I added it.

$this->applications['my_theme'] = array(
     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../',
     'initial_page' => 'services/prefs.php?app=horde&group=display',
     'menu_parent' => 'others',
     'name' => _("Themes"),
     'webroot' => '/'
);

However, now when we go to '/services/prefs.php?app=horde&group=display'
we only see 'Bookmark Preferences' and obviously the overall Horde theme
preference is not an option there.

In fact, I have looked at every preference option I can find in our
Horde Groupware 5.1.3 install and I have been unable to find anything
that will let me change the user theme preference.

If anyone can pass me the correct URL to use for changing the user theme
preference, that would be fantastic.  If I have the correct URL then
adding a specific menu option is simple.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all the Horde developers.

--
Andy Dorman