[horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 21:17:44 UTC 2013

On 28 Dec 2013 21:45, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:

>  Thank you Simon,
>
> ----- Nachricht von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>   Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:26:40 +0100
>     Von: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
>      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
>      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> On 28 Dec 2013 11:00, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>>>

>>>  Hi. Am still stuck with some problems left.
>>>
>>> Which is
>>>

>>>  - Spam Buttons still missing
>>

>>   I don't know how old the version you had was compared to the
>> distributed system you have but the setup for the buttons did change
>> this year and perhaps you need to set them up in backends.local.php?
>

> I also copied over the backends.local.php which contains
>
> <?php
>    $servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>    $servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
>    $servers['advanced']['spam']['innocent']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc
-C revoke -u %l';
>    $servers['advanced']['spam']['spam']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc -C
report -u %l';

> which does work on the old server.
>
> Do I need and amavis or spamassassin installed on the new server or is
this backend.local.php redirecting all the spam to the old mail server as I
expected?

I need to take a look at my notes at work, but it seems to me you need to
tell the amavis/spamassassin on the mail server what to do.  Do not get
hung up on the fact that horde is on a different box (but in this case,
yes, your horde config needs to know that these daemons are on a different
box.

Simon