[horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sat Dec 28 21:26:36 UTC 2013

----- Nachricht von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
   Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 22:17:44 +0100
     Von: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

> On 28 Dec 2013 21:45, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>>
>>  Thank you Simon,
>>
>> ----- Nachricht von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>>   Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:26:40 +0100
>>     Von: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
>>      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
>>      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

>>>   I don't know how old the version you had was compared to the
>>> distributed system you have but the setup for the buttons did change
>>> this year and perhaps you need to set them up in backends.local.php?
>>

>> I also copied over the backends.local.php which contains
>>
>> <?php
>>    $servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>>    $servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
>>    $servers['advanced']['spam']['innocent']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc
> -C revoke -u %l';
>>    $servers['advanced']['spam']['spam']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc -C
> report -u %l';
>>

>> which does work on the old server.
>>
>> Do I need and amavis or spamassassin installed on the new server or is
> this backend.local.php redirecting all the spam to the old mail server as I
> expected?
>
> I need to take a look at my notes at work, but it seems to me you need to

Thank you very much. I am confused here and will wait patiently for
your answer.

> tell the amavis/spamassassin on the mail server what to do.  Do not get
> hung up on the fact that horde is on a different box (but in this case,

I feel that this Horde on the new server serves as a frontend only,
communicating with other servers for mail and ftp or ssh data. So I
hope its the same for the spam system, and Horde has a way of
redirecting this requests to the mailserver as its having a connection
to the mailserver for mails.

> yes, your horde config needs to know that these daemons are on a different
> box.

So I wait for further instructions regarding the spam thing.

Anyone have an idea why Gollem wants to put files in SQL instead on
the file system even if its configured to use files?

Thank you,
Andreas