[horde] passwd and forced changes

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu Jan 2 21:29:51 UTC 2014

  Citat af Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I use SQL as a backend - consequently Horde tells me I cannot list or
> add users.  That's all well and good and I have no wish to move to
> Kolab or LDAP.  However, what I would like is the ability to force
> users to change their password - either at first log in, perhaps at a
> pre-defined interval or possibly just when I decide (for example, the
> account is compromised, I reset the password, but would then like the
> user to change it again).
>
> Whilst I can see why the SQL backend can't be used for adding users
> (this should actually be possible, perhaps by intergrating
> phpmyadmin?), I can't see why it can't list the users (and therefore
> allow me to put a tick next to the ones I want to force to change the
> password).  rampage_users lists all the users that have logged in, so
> surely that's the list it should display, no?
>
> What would it cost to implement this enhancement?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simon

  why not setup Horde to collect users and passwd from your mail data base.

I have one DB for mail users. Courier and postfix is authenticating against
this DB. Horde has its own DB.
I have 2 DB admins one for the mail DB and one for Horde DB.

  I kan lists users, ad users and change passwd from Horde in the mail DB.
So that should not be a problem.
There is a wiki page about it in hordes wiki
http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo
Perhaps it need some adjustment to fit your needs.

/erling