[horde] passwd and forced changes

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 12:15:35 UTC 2014

On 2 January 2014 22:29, Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk> wrote:
>  Citat af Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I use SQL as a backend - consequently Horde tells me I cannot list or
>> add users.  That's all well and good and I have no wish to move to
>> Kolab or LDAP.  However, what I would like is the ability to force
>> users to change their password - either at first log in, perhaps at a
>> pre-defined interval or possibly just when I decide (for example, the
>> account is compromised, I reset the password, but would then like the
>> user to change it again).
>>
>> Whilst I can see why the SQL backend can't be used for adding users
>> (this should actually be possible, perhaps by intergrating
>> phpmyadmin?), I can't see why it can't list the users (and therefore
>> allow me to put a tick next to the ones I want to force to change the
>> password).  rampage_users lists all the users that have logged in, so
>> surely that's the list it should display, no?
>>
>> What would it cost to implement this enhancement?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Simon
>> --
>

>  why not setup Horde to collect users and passwd from your mail data base.
>
> I have one DB for mail users. Courier and postfix is authenticating against
> this DB. Horde has its own DB.
> I have 2 DB admins one for the mail DB and one for Horde DB.
>
>  I kan lists users, ad users and change passwd from Horde in the mail DB.
> So that should not be a problem.
> There is a wiki page about it in hordes wiki
> http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo
> Perhaps it need some adjustment to fit your needs.

Thanks.  Historically, I've always just used IMAP for auth as it
seemed easiest to set up (and passwd does actually change the password
in the mail DB).

Perhaps I should look at moving completely to SQL Authentication as
per your link  (other services use the Mail DB for authentication
queries too).

Cheers.

Simon