[horde] HGWE on Fedora?

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Jan 14 19:43:58 UTC 2014

----- Nachricht von Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br> ---------
   Datum: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:02:22 -0200
     Von: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br>
Betreff: Re: [horde] HGWE on Fedora?
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Em 14/01/14 15:27, Andreas Mauser escreveu:
>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> Till now, we have been running HGWE on RHEL.  RHEL always has very old
>>> versions and we need to depend on third party yum repository for latest
>>> versions.  Has anybody experience in setting and using HGWE on Fedora's
>>> latest releases?
>>
>> I run Horde on Fedora 20 which runs very fast and stable and I
>> experienced no problems during normal installation. Since Fedora
>> uses Apache 2.4 you also will improve security with PFS.
>
>     i have no doubt that it will run fast and stable on Fedora.
> Anyway, i stick with CentOS because i cant deal with Fedora's life
> cycle. After 13 months of releasing, the version will be EOL and
> you'll have no security updates anymore. That's unacceptable to me,
> but may be OK for others :)

You are right with your concern in regard dealing with the life cycle issue.
On the other hand, since my system running Horde and some features
only it will dist-upgrade with 99% successful rate, and you will gain
in security and newest paket releases.
I considered a lot between life cycle and security, but I decided for
the second.

Andreas