[horde] Alter GAL search in ActiveSync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 15 15:50:53 UTC 2014

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to change the fields/attributes included in a
> ActiveSync GAL search?

Are you referring to the fields that are searched, or returned? I'm
going to assume "searched" since we already return the Company field
in the results if it's available.

> From my understandig the Device/Client does choose which
> fields/attributes to search,

This is incorrect. The ActiveSync specification states that the search
term is used as a "prefix string match" against text fields that are
indexed by Exchange's "Ambiguous Name Resolution Service (ANR)". It
goes on to state that the ANR service indexes the following fields:
"Fullname", "Alias", "First Name", "Last Name", and "Email". So that
is how we implemented it.

That being said, I really don't see any reason not to extend that to
all fields configured to allow search in backends.php. Please create
an enhancement request on bugs.horde.org for this so I don't forget.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org