[horde] Activesync - no calendar sync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jan 24 19:34:21 UTC 2014

Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I've some strange problem with an android phone. It's a
>>> semi-ruggedized Android Smartphone build by an small company
>>> (http://www.benefon.de/).
>>> It runs Android 4.2.1 - all the Icons and the UI look like
>>> CyanogenMod, so I think it's pretty similar to that.
>>>

>>> When I try to connect it to horde using ActiveSync then contacts
>>> are synced, but no calendar entries.
>>> I tried the same settings with a Cyanogen-Modded phone running
>>> 4.2.2 - work's like expected.
>>>
>>> Anyone a clue what to do next?
>>> Attached a log I recorded: deleted Account from phone and from
>>> horde, did a fresh install and ticked only E-Mail (no mails in
>>> account, but to be shure it's synching correctly) and calendar -
>>> ommitted contacts to keep the log short. Same procedure on the
>>> cyanogenmod phone works as expected.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Lukas
>>

>> The log logs perfectly normal. It is asking for calendar changes,
>> receives notification that the query completed successfully, but no
>> changes were found. I would check to make sure that the "bad"
>> client is not filtering the time period it is asking for. E.g.,
>> Only asking to sync the last 2 weeks...
>
> Thanks for your fast answer.
>
> Unfortunatly there is no setting for calendar range to sync - only
> for email. I tested that with setting to "all" as well - but no
> success.
> The Cyanogen-mod phone does not have that setting as well - there it
> works when setting the email-timerange to "all".
>
> I've no clue how to proceed...

Not sure what to tell you. Your log shows a FILTER_TYPE value of 4
when requesting the calendar collection. That corresponds to a 2 week
window. Any events older than two weeks will not be synchronized (and
existing events on the device will be removed from the device as they
fall out of the window). If your client is limiting this, but provides
no way to configure it, it's broken and there is nothing Horde can do
to work around it.
--
mike
The Horde Project