[horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sun Jan 26 18:42:04 UTC 2014

----- Nachricht von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> ---------
   Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:26:36 +0000
     Von: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
      An: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

> ----- Nachricht von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>   Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 22:17:44 +0100
>     Von: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
>      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
>      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> On 28 Dec 2013 21:45, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you Simon,
>>>
>>> ----- Nachricht von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>>>  Datum: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:26:40 +0100
>>>    Von: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server - Problems collected
>>>     An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
>>>     Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> I also copied over the backends.local.php which contains
>>>
>>> <?php
>>>   $servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>>>   $servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
>>>   $servers['advanced']['spam']['innocent']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc
>> -C revoke -u %l';
>>>   $servers['advanced']['spam']['spam']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc -C
>> report -u %l';
>>>

>>> which does work on the old server.
>>>
>>> Do I need and amavis or spamassassin installed on the new server or is
>> this backend.local.php redirecting all the spam to the old mail server as I
>> expected?
>>
>> I need to take a look at my notes at work, but it seems to me you need to
>
> Thank you very much. I am confused here and will wait patiently for
> your answer.
>
>> tell the amavis/spamassassin on the mail server what to do.  Do not get
>> hung up on the fact that horde is on a different box (but in this case,
>
> I feel that this Horde on the new server serves as a frontend only,
> communicating with other servers for mail and ftp or ssh data. So I
> hope its the same for the spam system, and Horde has a way of
> redirecting this requests to the mailserver as its having a
> connection to the mailserver for mails.
>
>> yes, your horde config needs to know that these daemons are on a different
>> box.
>
> So I wait for further instructions regarding the spam thing.

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if you have any news for me regarding why the
Spam Buttons are not shown on my new webserver.

Again the setup:

DMZ
|-Mailserver
|-Webserver with Horde

The Problem:
- No SPam Buttons are shown on the new Horde webserver. Logging in to
the old server the buttons are there.

Question:
- Must a fully working postfix/amavis system work under the new Horde,
or can I use the spam-engine which is already set up and running on
the mail server?

imp/config/backends.local.php:
<?php

    $servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
    $servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
    $servers['advanced']['spam']['innocent']['program'] =
'/usr/bin/spamc -C revoke -u %l';
    $servers['advanced']['spam']['spam']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamc
-C report -u %l';

// IMAP server
$servers['imap'] = array(
     // ENABLED by default; connect to DMZ Mail Server
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'mx.mauser.info',
     'hostspec' => '10.1.24.12',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
     // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available by
     // default.
     'secure' => 'tls',
);

Shouldn't that work?