[horde] Outlook (+ iPhone) via ActiveSync asks for password

do9man do9man at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:30:13 UTC 2014

OK, I think the /courier-authdaemon/ problem is coming from Windows 8 Mail
app, which sometimes tries to log in with just the first part of the user
name. It than tries with the full name and it works. The Mail app does not
show the error, I just can see it in the logs.
/"OPTIONS
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=*admin*&DeviceId=BE2689FFEA580DA3F5F6C1DD0A0D03CE&DeviceType=WindowsMail
HTTP/1.0" *401 *1226 "-" "WindowsMail/17.5.9600.20315"
/

I deleted the accounts in Outlook, now iPhone and Windws Mail seams to work.
But I want to use Outlook. How can I find the problem?

Could nginx with FPM be a solution? It runs on my domain but is not active
for the horde directory. Can I use an apache directive or something else to
let horde run on nginx?