[horde] Duplicate calendar entries via ActiveSync on Samsung mobiles - fixed?

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Fri Jan 31 18:36:42 UTC 2014

Zitat von mrubinsk at horde.org:

> You can compare the current synclog with the one in the ticket to
> see if any different data is being sent.  The only thing I can think
> of is that I tweaked the order that some of the tags for recurring
> events are sent in.

I did some deeper tests and I've seen some mysterious results:

I used:
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android 4.0.4
Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.1.2
Galaxy S3 Android 4.3

The entries created on the Galaxy Note where correct on the Galaxy Tab
and correct on the Galaxy S3.
The entries created on the Galaxy Tab where doubled on the Galaxy Note
and correct on the Galaxy S3.
The entries created on the Galaxy S3 where doubled on the Galaxy Note
and correct on the Galaxy Tab.

So behaviour changed for a part of the devices - some weeks ago I
tested the same Galaxy Tab and the same Galaxy S3 and got doubled
entries on both systems. The Galaxy Note wasn't available at that time.

For comparison I tested the same entries with Tine20 ActiveSync - the
where correct on every device.

So I did traces using tshark creating an entry on the Tab and creating
an entry on the Note and synch it to the other device.
Then I did the same (with exactly the same settings) using Tine20 as
ActiveSync Plattform.

Unfortunatly I can't see any major differences - so I attach the
traces I created to compare.

In the traces there's one entry created on the Galaxy Tab (Title: Test
Tab2Note) on 2014-02-01 12:00 which got doubled on the Galaxy Note
using horde and was correct using Tine20.
And there is one entry created on the Galaxy Note (Title: Test
Note2Tab) on 2014-02-01 13:00 which was synched correctly to the Tab
by horde and by Tine20.

So perhaps you can see a difference? I tried to make the traces as
short as possible - so perhaps it is possible...

regards
Lukas