[horde] horde-prefs and missing Ingo settings

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Feb 5 09:39:03 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I'm searching for a way to see and update user preferences via script
in current Horde 5.

I have setup a conf file for horde-prefs like this:

<?php
   $conf['driver'] = 'Sql';
   $conf['params']['db'] = new Horde_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Pgsql(
     array(
      'persistent' => false,
      'username' => 'horde',
//     'password' => 'PASSWORD',
//     'socket' => '/var/run/postgresql/',
      'protocol' => 'unix',
      'database' => 'horde',
      'charset' => 'utf-8',
  //    'ssl' => true,
      'splitread' => false,
      'phptype' => 'pgsql',
    )
  );
?>

$ horde-prefs conf user list
ingo
horde
mnemo
turba
kronolith
imp
nag

$ horde-prefs conf user print horde
... some lines ...

$ horde-prefs conf user print ingo
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/bin/horde-prefs on line 162

If I print the ingo prefs for an user, I have migrated from Horde3, I see
Ingo prefs, but they won't update, if I change say the vacation message
in the GUI. It seems that horde-prefs is not using the Sql backend of
Ingo, but the deprecated "datatree".

Is there another script that is working with the individual storage
backends of the applications? Is there a script, so that I won't need
a special config file?

--
Steffen