[horde] horde-prefs and missing Ingo settings

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 5 21:33:05 UTC 2014

Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm searching for a way to see and update user preferences via script
> in current Horde 5.
>
> I have setup a conf file for horde-prefs like this:
>
> <?php
>   $conf['driver'] = 'Sql';
>   $conf['params']['db'] = new Horde_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Pgsql(
>     array(
>      'persistent' => false,
>      'username' => 'horde',
> //     'password' => 'PASSWORD',
> //     'socket' => '/var/run/postgresql/',
>      'protocol' => 'unix',
>      'database' => 'horde',
>      'charset' => 'utf-8',
>  //    'ssl' => true,
>      'splitread' => false,
>      'phptype' => 'pgsql',
>    )
>  );
> ?>
>
> $ horde-prefs conf user list
> ingo
> horde
> mnemo
> turba
> kronolith
> imp
> nag
>
> $ horde-prefs conf user print horde
> ... some lines ...
>
> $ horde-prefs conf user print ingo
> PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /usr/bin/horde-prefs on line 162
>
> If I print the ingo prefs for an user, I have migrated from Horde3, I see
> Ingo prefs, but they won't update, if I change say the vacation message
> in the GUI. It seems that horde-prefs is not using the Sql backend of
> Ingo, but the deprecated "datatree".

I have no idea how that could happen.  No datatree code exists anymore
in Horde.

E.g., in the git framework directory:

slusarz at bigworm % fgrep -ri datatree *
Auth/package.xml:* Created an SQL driver for signups and allowing
backends other than DataTree (Request #7161).
Pear/test/Horde/Pear/Server/RemoteTest.php:
'http://pear.horde.org/get/Horde_DataTree-2.0.1.tgz',
Pear/test/Horde/Pear/Server/RemoteTest.php:
$this->_getRemote()->getLatestDownloadUri('Horde_DataTree')
Perms/package.xml:* Added a getParent() call instead of accessing the
_datatree member directly. (duck at obala.net, Request #6150).
Perms/package.xml:* [jan] Fix setting cache in DataTree driver.
Perms/package.xml:* [jan] Remove DataTree driver.
Perms/package.xml:* [jan] Remove optional dependency on Horde_DataTree.
Share/package.xml:* [jan] Remove DataTree driver.
Share/package.xml:* [jan] Remove optional dependency on Horde_DataTree.

michael