[horde] Mysql ssl connection problem

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 14 08:38:55 UTC 2014

Citeren woj woj <wojnas at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> i got problem with ssl connection to mysql server.
> It is different server for changing passwords.
> I checked horde and httpd log, and everything is allright.
> I also checked ssl connection to mysql and its ok.
> Certificate is readable by httpd user
>
> Here is my config/config.local.php

What file is this? As far as I know, the only config/config.php file
used by horde is under admin/config/config.php, but this does not
contain variables you can override. So what are you attempting to do
here?

> <?php
> $conf['wsql']['username'] = 'username';
> $conf['wsql']['password'] = 'password';
> $conf['wsql']['hostspec'] = 'srv_addres';
> $conf['wsql']['port'] = 3306;
> $conf['wsql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
> $conf['wsql']['database'] = 'databasename';
> $conf['wsql']['charset'] = 'utf-8';
> $conf['wsql']['ssl'] = true;
> $conf['wsql']['ca'] = '/patch/to/cert.pem';

A certification authority (that's what the 'ca' probably stands for)
is not the same as a client certificate. I'm not even sure Horde is
able to use client certificates for authentication to a Sql server.

> $conf['wsql']['splitread'] = false;
> $conf['wsql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

Where is the 'wsql' from? I can't find any references to that in Horde.