[horde] Release policy

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Feb 21 02:08:53 UTC 2014

----- Message from Paladin <paladin at jstation.cz> ---------
    Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:23:45 +0100
    From: Paladin <paladin at jstation.cz>
Subject: [horde] Release policy
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi,
> so what's horde's release policy? Do they *ever* release
> bug-fix releases?
>
> Why I am asking? I recently instaled horde groupware (mainly
> as cal&card dav server&client). Web access worked fine, but
> syncing via caldav did not. I tried to debug where might
> be the error, so checked log and everything. All I saw was
> 500 error on REPORT request in my nginx log. It was like
>
> PROPFIND -> 207
> PROPFIND -> 207
> REPORT   -> 500
>
> but nothing in the horde logs or anywhere. So I kept messing
> aroung and found that trying to export calendar via web interface
> also results into 500 error. But this time there was something
> in the logs (why it *does not* log anything while using caldav sync??).
>
> "Unable to parse event."
>
> So now I have something to grep for. I found the file&line causing this
> and googled a little bit.
>
> What I found shocked me. This bug was know and already fixed. *Last
> october*. In commit ecd118ac. And this essential bug fix *is not*
> included in horde I instaled last weak from PEAR.
>
> Now when I ventilated, I want to ask: what is horde's policy on
> releasing important bug-fixes (like this one)?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Paladin
> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

Wow. Sense of entitlement much?

All you needed to ask was:

"Can you please tell me what Horde's bug-fix release policy is, as I
am waiting for release to PEAR of a commit from October that fixes an
issue I am having.

Thanks"

That would have saved all of the noise and righteous indignation.

To answer your question, the Horde devs are currently working towards
a major point release (5.2) and as a result releases have been fewer.
5.2 is due shortly.

If you *desperately* need the commit, then apply it from Git.

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16