[horde] Release policy

Paladin paladin at jstation.cz
Thu Feb 20 13:23:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
so what's horde's release policy? Do they *ever* release
bug-fix releases?

Why I am asking? I recently instaled horde groupware (mainly
as cal&card dav server&client). Web access worked fine, but
syncing via caldav did not. I tried to debug where might
be the error, so checked log and everything. All I saw was
500 error on REPORT request in my nginx log. It was like

PROPFIND -> 207
PROPFIND -> 207
REPORT   -> 500

but nothing in the horde logs or anywhere. So I kept messing
aroung and found that trying to export calendar via web interface
also results into 500 error. But this time there was something
in the logs (why it *does not* log anything while using caldav sync??).

"Unable to parse event."

So now I have something to grep for. I found the file&line causing this
and googled a little bit.

What I found shocked me. This bug was know and already fixed. *Last
october*. In commit ecd118ac. And this essential bug fix *is not*
included in horde I instaled last weak from PEAR.

Now when I ventilated, I want to ask: what is horde's policy on
releasing important bug-fixes (like this one)?

Thanks for your time,
Paladin