[horde] ActiveSync/IMP error with latest GIT

Joerg Pulz Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de
Sat Feb 22 16:26:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

today i updated from a completely working 5.1.6-git to a fresh
pulled 5.2.0-git.
Now ActiveSync is not working anymore for all devices.

The error message in the log is:
INFO: [2649] Polling Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::_getMailFolders()
ERR: [2649] Problem loading mail folders from IMAP server: User is not authorized for imp
ERR: User is not authorized for imp
INFO: [2649] No folder changes found.

I can use the Horde WebUI with the same useraccount without any problems,
IMP, Kronolith, Turba, Nag, .... everything is working fine, but
ActiveSync is broken.
I updated all DB schemas and all confogurations to match the new version
5.2.0-git.
I see no other error messages in the logs and google was no real help for
this error.
As some lines before in the log, the user and device is correctly logged,
it looks like the user is only missing when using IMP.

INFO: [2649] Resetting device state for device: ANDROID, user: bob, and collection: foldersync.
NOTICE: [2649] Clearing foldersync state from synccache.
INFO: [2649] Clearing collections data from cache.
INFO: [2649] Replacing SYNC_CACHE entry for user bob and device ANDROID:....
DEBUG: [2649] I  </FolderHierarchy:FolderSync>
INFO: [2649] Initializing folder diff engine
INFO: [2649] Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getFolderList()
INFO: [2649] Creating new folder uuid for @Calendar@: Aa1037f5d
INFO: [2649] Creating new folder uuid for @Contacts@: Cbf1ec0a5
INFO: [2649] Creating new folder uuid for @Tasks@: Tf76b1bc0
INFO: [2649] Creating new folder uuid for @Notes@: N2348642d
INFO: [2649] Polling Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::_getMailFolders()
ERR: [2649] Problem loading mail folders from IMAP server: User is not authorized for imp
ERR: User is not authorized for imp
INFO: [2649] No folder changes found.
INFO: [2649] Replacing SYNC_CACHE entry for user bob and device ANDROID:....

Here are the relevant ActiveSync settings:
$conf['activesync']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['activesync']['storage'] = 'Sql';
$conf['activesync']['emailsync'] = true;
$conf['activesync']['version'] = '14.1';
$conf['activesync']['auth']['type'] = 'basic';

We use LDAP aus auth backend and there is only one hook defined to get the
correct "from_addr" and "fullname" out of the LDAP directory.

Any clue how to debug or solve this issue?
I've quite some amount of users without working ActiveSync now.

Any help or hints are much appreciated.

Kind regards
Joerg

- --
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
 				-Plato