[horde] Enquiry on the Horde Upgrade/Update process and Database Schema

George ccto george.ccto at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 13:19:18 UTC 2014

Hello All, Horde User/support,

May I know anyway(s) to validate the Horde webmail upgrade is valid?

---

I have a Horde Webmail 5.1.1 installed for testing.
Before update, I used mysqldump to dump the MySQL database structure first,
then run "pear upgrade -a -B -c horde"

The Horde Webmail looks successfully upgraded to 5.1.3

Then, I login to Horde Webmail as admin, goto Administration ->
Configuraton , it shows "SQL DB schema is ready" in all components too.

However, if I manually run "php ./pear/webmail-install" ,
during webmail-install, I choose mysqli, and re-enter those database login
information,
then it proceed "Creating and updating database tables..." process

Then, I re-dump the MySQL database structure, compare and found that a
little bit different -

- horde_activesync_state (changed column names)
- horde_imap_client_data (changed column names)
- horde_imap_client_message (changed column names)
- horde_imap_client_metadata (changed column names)
- new table - horde_queue_schema_info
- new table - horde_queue_tasks

So, my question is shall we re-run the "webmail-install" to update the
database schema too too.
(From the php code, it seems it needs (at least
the horde_activesync_state SQL)

Please advise.

Attached is the 2 mysqldump (structure only) for reference.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Regards
George