[horde] kronolith off-by-one-hour daylight savings time bug

Benjamin Rose benrose at math.princeton.edu
Tue Mar 4 13:19:33 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

Now that DST is just a few short days away in NYC, I have users once
again noticing their recurring 2pm meetings/appointments all say 3pm
next week. This goes for the Kronolith web interface itself, as well as
any user I have subscribed to CalDAV/ics who is on Linux/Mac/Windows.
Yes, Outlook too has the time shifted. I have seen more "broken" clients
than "working" at this point. I am trying to track down the source of
this bug and fix it once and for all. I have commented trying to reopen
this ticket:

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12773

Can someone please reclassify that ticket as open? Or should I file a
new bug report? I am the systems manager here so I can provide all sorts
of proof and/or test data. As far as I can tell the only reason this
ticket was closed was because an Android client worked through
ActiveSync, but that doesn't seem like very thorough testing considering
every other client I have tested is broken.

Thanks,
Ben

P.S. If you know your way around kronolith code and/or the way dates/dst
is normally handled, please write me, some cache hints as to where to
look to squash this bug would speed me up tremendously.