[horde] Horde Portal show blank page after ungrade

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Mar 6 07:22:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, sovannaroth wrote:

> Yes, you are right. I know that prefs.php will override after upgrade, but I
> do not know what happened in my case to make it do not work although
> permission are own by Apache user. However, I could use this file prefs.php
> and make a backup after configuration and restore it back after upgrade.

prefs.php is not just an user config file as conf.php is. It defines the
preferences, their type relationship a.s.o. So it's a system conf file as
well. If you restore it from backup, you destroy this information which
probably had been updated / changed.

Your original prefs.local.php had an error. Find it and keep your changes
(only) there. If you get a blank screen, there probably is a PHP syntax
error in one user file, which should be visible in the error log of your
web server.

Also, your prefs.local.php file should look like:

$_prefs[<pref_name>]['value'|'hook'] = setting;

and should not mimmick prefs's syntax:

$__prefs[<name>] = array( ...
);

--