[horde] Permissions, etc.

seanmh72 at gmail.com seanmh72 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:31:23 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I am fairly close to getting Horde (which is AWESOME) up and running.

I am on Centos 6.5 and I am running the latest (as of 3/6/2014) of Horde.

I am able to log in and I am able to see emails for the single user I have setup so far.

The 2 issues I have are the following:

Every time I try to update Horde Configuration, I get a permission denied error.  It simply cannot write to the temp files or the actual horde config file.

When trying to delete emails from within my mailbox, I get failed to open stream: Permission denied [pid 1429 on line 136 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Cache/Storage/File.php"] within the /etc/log/messages file.

I installed Horde with root privileges and have not made any other changes.

I am running Postfix and Dovecot for my email servers (they are installed in “basic setup”).  I have maildir=~/Maildir for each user and as mentioned before, the user I have can “see” his generated emails from telnet.

I think I am really close to having this up and running, I just cannot figure out the permissions…….

Any help would be appreciated….

If I am posting in the wrong place, please let me know and I will change accordingly.

Sean.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent from Windows Mail