[horde] Many Issues with Groupware 5.1.1

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Mar 12 07:10:09 UTC 2014

On 12.03.2014 05:57, Nwatson99 wrote:
> I am sorry but I have to ask, Does anything work correctly around here??
> E-mail list is jumble and if this is your idea of a forum forum type
> software, would you folks like some help in setting up a real site that
> works properly??
>
> /

Dear Mr Nwatson99,

I can confirm horde and all mainstream apps are running in production on
as many as 10 very different installations I maintain and there are no
issues.

> Been discussed to death.  It's a design decision.  Please read the
> archives./
> Decision from you, was the customers asked before hacking and slicing a
> perfectly good working system??
> How about  link, instead read the archives maybe you would be helpful then?

Recently, there has been all that buzz about a new software called
google. It searches the web and provides links to stuff.

See this video how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXiJfiZac3M

> Things are nice and streamlined, but at the expense of cutting the guts out
> of a perfectly good working sytem.
Wrong. Everything's still there and you can use the basic view if you
want to have it look more like it used to.

> NO it is not, the dynamic has very limited admin and configuration features,
Which are missing? I don't miss any.

> Speak for yourself, there are a bunch of webmasters not happy with
> eliminating basic features and then reversing the signature was insane.

The signature thing has been reasoned many times.
Hint: Some feature similar to the old function may be on the way.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de