[horde] Many Issues with Groupware 5.1.1

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Mar 13 13:10:14 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 06:10 PM, admin at ar15armory.com wrote:
>   Quoting Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:47:07 +0000:
>
> You people are amazing, I report problems with Horde that I have been using
> since 2005 and all of you had done not a darn thing to assist me other
> than:
> "this has been discussed to death"
> "admin decision"
> "Use the search"
> blah blah blah
>
> Now did Horde Fix these problems they messed up and changed which did not
> benefit Horde is all I want to know????
>
> Horde would also benefit with a forums so everything could be quoted
> correctly, properly formatted, and discussesd!

And are you surprised that you get no assistance?

If you have a problem you should do the following while keeping in mind
how much you paid for the software:

1. Search the mailing list archives and Horde bug reporting to see if
someone with your version of Horde has already reported the same
problem.  If they have, perhaps you can add some information that would
help, or perhaps the problem is a simple configuration change.

2. Once you are sure you have a new problem, submit a description along
with the versions of Horde you are using and the environment it is
running in.

Do not just rant and complain about something.  Complaining just wastes
everyone's time.

3. Work with the developers and others to find and resolve your problem.

4. If you need a feature change or improvement, speak up like an adult
and if it is easy to do it will usually happen quickly.  If it is a
complicated new feature (for example, checking multiple mailboxes) then
you and everyone else may be asked to contribute toward the cost of it's
development.  Pulling email in from multiple mailboxes is an excellent
example of a feature that several Horde users needed and we all
contributed to fund it's development just a few months ago.

And finally, surely you understand that just because you did not have to
pay anything for Horde that all the work on it does not cost anyone
anything?  The developers and constructive administrators that use Horde
spend a LOT of time working on it and their time is important and
definitely worth something...maybe not to you, but it is to them and
that is what counts.

--
Andy Dorman