[horde] Admin interface broken after upgrade to 5.1.4

PSAS lists at psas.ch
Sat Mar 22 14:16:55 UTC 2014

On 3/22/14, 2:34 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von PSAS <lists at psas.ch>:

>>> Did you check the file permissions?
>>
>> Yes, all accessible to the Apache process. *But* please do see below
>> about the actual config.
>>
>>> Which kind of authentication backend are you using?
>>
>> MySQL.
>>
>>> Could it be you configured Horde by editing the supplied
>>> '(backends|registry|prefs).php', rather than only overriding the values
>>> you want to change from the defaults in
>>> '(backends|registry|prefs).local.php'?
>>
>> No, I've been quite careful on that particular point.
>>
>>> Clearing browser caches sometimes also helps.
>>
>> Private mode all-around, no ad-blockers, nothing across a dozen clients.

>>> It helps listing the Apache and PHP version you're using (I have no idea
>>> which versions are bundled).
>>
>> Of course, here you go:
>>
>> $ apache2 -v
>> Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
>> Server built:   Jul 12 2013 13:37:10
>>
>> $ php -v
>> PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.10 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Feb 28 2014
>> 23:14:25)
>> Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
>> Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
>>     with Suhosin v0.9.33, Copyright (c) 2007-2012, by SektionEins GmbH
>>

>> One thing I forgot to mention in my previous mail is that my setup is a
>> single Horde instance that serves multiple domains. The actual Horde
>> install is in /usr/share/php. I then have an Apache-readable
>> /var/www/horde that the mail/groupware parts of several sites use via fs
>> links.
>>
>> Thanks again for any suggestions,
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Seva
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#wsod

Thanks Jan; I really appreciate your taking some time on a weekend. :)

I did try to match up the WSOD issue to what I'm seeing on my servers,
but really, the main problem is the following:

Why is the web-based UI showing me horde_5.1.5 while I know for a fact
that I have horde_5.1.6 installed? Which part of my Horde install
controls/monitors this type of match?

Anyhow, I'm sorry for sidetracking the issue with the UI nonsense. You
can put the WSOD issue to sleep :

1. # cd /usr/share/php ; mv Horde Horde_tmp ; mv Horde_tmp Horde ;
service apache2 restart
2. Profit.

Cheers,
--