[horde] Can't update Horde_Image

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Apr 4 12:48:12 UTC 2014

Zitat von Dominik Erdmann <horde_mailing at der-domi.de>:

> Hey!
>
> I updated the yesterday published packages. But I had problems with
> Horde_Image.
>
> # pear upgrade -a -B -c horde
> Failed to download pecl/imagick within preferred state "stable",
> latest release is version 3.2.0RC1, stability "beta", use
> "channel://pecl.php.net/imagick-3.2.0RC1" to install
> Unknown remote channel: pear.phpunit.de
> horde/Horde_Image requires package "pecl/imagick" (version >= 2.0.0,
> version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1), installed
> version is 3.1.2
>
> # pecl install imagick
> pecl/imagick is already installed and is the same as the released
> version 3.1.2
> install failed
>

> Is there an issue in the packaging and I only have to wait a few
> days. Or do I have to downgrade imagick?
>
> Best regards,
> Dominik

No, this is my fault. I noticed we use some method that only existed
in 2.0.0+ but didn't check which versions currently exist. We probably
still want to use 3.x maximum to avoid BC breaking changes. Assuming
that imagick uses semantic versioning. Michael, what's your experience?

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project