[horde] Report Spam to other machine

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Mon Apr 21 01:53:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

recently I removed Horde from my mailserver and put it on another,
newer server. It is a clean new installation and works. I struggled a
bit getting the 'Report Spam' Buttons back, but now they are back again.

I assume that does not automatically mean that the reporting works?

Setup:
Server1 - Web only:  Horde, Postfix, Amavisd
Server2 - Mail only: Postfix, Amavisd, Dovecot

DO I need amavisd and postfix on Server 1?

My imp/config/backends.local.php looks like this:

<?php
$servers['advanced'] = array(
     // Disabled by default
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'Advanced IMAP Server',
     'hostspec' => '10.30.24.17',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     'secure' => 'tls',
     'maildomain' => 'mauser.info',
     'smtp' => array(
     //    'auth' => true,
     //    'debug' => false,
     //    'horde_auth' => false,
     //    'host' => 'smtp.example.com',
     //    'localhost' => 'localhost',
     //    'password' => null,
     //    /* Mail from a MUA SHOULD be sent via the mail submission port (587)
     //     * rather than the MTA port (25). Note that mail submission
     //     * REQUIRES some method of authentication (whether explicit
     //     * user/password credentials or configuring the mail submission
     //     * agent to automatically authenticate this host based on the
     //     * network location). */
     //    'port' => 587,
     //    'username' => null
     ),
     'spam' => array(
          'innocent' => array(
              'display' => true,
         //
         //     // Email reporting driver
         //     'email' => null,
        	//     'email_format' => 'digest',
         //
	//     // Null reporting driver
         //     'null' => true,
         //
	//     // Program reporting driver
              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C revoke -u %l',
          ),
	 'spam' => array(
              'display' => true,
         //
	//     // Email reporting driver
         //     'email' => null,
         //     'email_format' => 'digest',
         //
	//     // Null reporting driver
         //     'null' => true,
         //
	//     // Program reporting driver
              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l',
          ),
	// // It is possible to directly define additional spam drivers.
         // // The 'drivers' array should contain a list of driver objects
         // // (these classes must implement the IMP_Spam_Base class).
         // 'drivers' => array(
         //     new IMP_Example_Spam_Driver()
         // )
     ),
     'admin' => array(
     //     'user' => 'cyrus',
     //     'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
     //     'userhierarchy' => 'user.'
     ),
     'acl' => true,
     'cache' => false,
     // 'debug' => '/tmp/imp_imap.log',
     // 'debug_raw' => false,
     'quota' => array(
         'driver' => 'imap',
         'params' => array(
             'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
             'unit' => 'MB'
         )
     ),
     'special_mboxes' => array(
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_DRAFTS => 'Drafts',
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SENT => 'Sent',
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM => 'Spam',
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TEMPLATES => 'Templates',
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TRASH => 'Trash',
     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_USERSPECIAL => array(
     //         'Example' => _("Example Special Mailbox")
     //     )
     ),
     'autocreate_special' => false,
);

Where does 	//     // Program reporting driver
              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l'
sending the report to? Is it automatically the machine entered in the
'hostspec' field?
Or do I have to tell the program an option to report to another IP?

If you have more information on how that works I'll be happy to receive it.

Thank you,
Andreas