[horde] Report Spam to other machine

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Mon Apr 21 02:10:52 UTC 2014

On 04/20/2014 10:53 PM, Andreas Mauser wrote:

> [...]
>      //     * agent to automatically authenticate this host based on the
>      //     * network location). */
>      //    'port' => 587,
>      //    'username' => null
>      ),
>      'spam' => array(
>           'innocent' => array(
>               'display' => true,
>          //
>          //     // Email reporting driver
>          //     'email' => null,
>             //     'email_format' => 'digest',
>          //
>      //     // Null reporting driver
>          //     'null' => true,
>          //
>      //     // Program reporting driver
>               'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C revoke -u %l',
>           ),
>       'spam' => array(
>               'display' => true,
>          //
>      //     // Email reporting driver
>          //     'email' => null,
>          //     'email_format' => 'digest',
>          //
>      //     // Null reporting driver
>          //     'null' => true,
>          //
>      //     // Program reporting driver
>               'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l',
>           ),
>      // // It is possible to directly define additional spam drivers.
>          // // The 'drivers' array should contain a list of driver objects
>          // // (these classes must implement the IMP_Spam_Base class).
>          // 'drivers' => array(
>          //     new IMP_Example_Spam_Driver()
>          // )
>      ),
>      'admin' => array(
>      //     'user' => 'cyrus',
>      //     'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
>      //     'userhierarchy' => 'user.'
>      ),
>      'acl' => true,
>      'cache' => false,
>      // 'debug' => '/tmp/imp_imap.log',
>      // 'debug_raw' => false,
>      'quota' => array(
>          'driver' => 'imap',
>          'params' => array(
>              'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
>              'unit' => 'MB'
>          )
>      ),
>      'special_mboxes' => array(
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_DRAFTS => 'Drafts',
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SENT => 'Sent',
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM => 'Spam',
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TEMPLATES => 'Templates',
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TRASH => 'Trash',
>      //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_USERSPECIAL => array(
>      //         'Example' => _("Example Special Mailbox")
>      //     )
>      ),
>      'autocreate_special' => false,
> );
>

> Where does     //     // Program reporting driver
>               'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l'
> sending the report to? Is it automatically the machine entered in the
> 'hostspec' field?
> Or do I have to tell the program an option to report to another IP?

According to the spamc man page you would need something like
/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l -d Server2

-d host[,host2], --dest=host[,host2]
            In TCP/IP mode, connect to spamd server on given host
(default: localhost).  Several hosts can be specified if separated by
commas.

            If host resolves to multiple addresses, then spamc will
fail-over to the other addresses, if the first one cannot be connected
to.  It will
            first try all addresses of one host before it tries the next
one in the list.  Note that this fail-over behaviour is incompatible
with -x;
            if that switch is used, fail-over will not occur.