[horde] Report Spam to other machine

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Apr 21 08:06:55 UTC 2014

Citeren Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> [...]
>>>    //     // Null reporting driver
>>>        //     'null' => true,
>>>        //
>>>    //     // Program reporting driver
>>>             'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l',
>>>         ),
>>>    // // It is possible to directly define additional spam drivers.
>>>        // // The 'drivers' array should contain a list of driver objects
>>>        // // (these classes must implement the IMP_Spam_Base class).
>>>        // 'drivers' => array(
>>>        //     new IMP_Example_Spam_Driver()
>>>        // )
>>>    ),
>>>    'admin' => array(
>>>    //     'user' => 'cyrus',
>>>    //     'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
>>>    //     'userhierarchy' => 'user.'
>>>    ),
>>>    'acl' => true,
>>>    'cache' => false,
>>>    // 'debug' => '/tmp/imp_imap.log',
>>>    // 'debug_raw' => false,
>>>    'quota' => array(
>>>        'driver' => 'imap',
>>>        'params' => array(
>>>            'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
>>>            'unit' => 'MB'
>>>        )
>>>    ),
>>>    'special_mboxes' => array(
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_DRAFTS => 'Drafts',
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SENT => 'Sent',
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM => 'Spam',
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TEMPLATES => 'Templates',
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TRASH => 'Trash',
>>>    //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_USERSPECIAL => array(
>>>    //         'Example' => _("Example Special Mailbox")
>>>    //     )
>>>    ),
>>>    'autocreate_special' => false,
>>> );
>>>

>>> Where does     //     // Program reporting driver
>>>             'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l'
>>> sending the report to? Is it automatically the machine entered in the
>>> 'hostspec' field?
>>> Or do I have to tell the program an option to report to another IP?
>>

>> According to the spamc man page you would need something like
>> /usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l -d Server2
>
> Oh, thank you very much, I missed that part and now did as it says.
> Still nothing in both servers logs.
>

>> -d host[,host2], --dest=host[,host2]
>>           In TCP/IP mode, connect to spamd server on given host
>> (default: localhost).  Several hosts can be specified if separated
>> by commas.
>>
>>           If host resolves to multiple addresses, then spamc will
>> fail-over to the other addresses, if the first one cannot be
>> connected to.  It will
>>           first try all addresses of one host before it tries the
>> next one in the list.  Note that this fail-over behaviour is
>> incompatible with -x;
>>           if that switch is used, fail-over will not occur.
>>

> So how does the Horde process really work?
>
> Someone selects a mail, then klick the SPAM button.
> Horde takes this mail and directly put it in SPAMC's hands, and
> SPAMC will give it to the other servers amavisd?

No, spamc connects to spamd, which is a daemonized version of
spamassassin. I guess you didn't configure that or it is not
configured to allow reporting (--allow-tell), which isn't enabled by
default.

> Or do I need to configure postfix and amavisd on the webserver too?

Neither postfix nor amavisd are involved in spam reporting. They can
both be configured to use spamassassin for scanning (but usually if
you have amavisd running, it makes sense to use that).

> And does anybody know if spam gets reported will it show this action
> in the log?

Usually it will get logged somewhere. Here in /var/log/mail I see lines like

2014-04-20T11:59:22.956928+02:00 mail spamd[28633]: spamd: got
connection over /var/run/spamd.socket
2014-04-20T11:59:22.960049+02:00 mail spamd[28633]: spamd: setuid to
vscan succeeded
2014-04-20T11:59:24.764649+02:00 mail spamd[28633]: spamd: Tell:
Setting remote for vscan:65 in 1.8 seconds, 3174 bytes

Note that I'm running spamd on a UNIX domain socket, you'll want to
run it over a TCP/IP socket if you'll want connections from different
machines.