[horde] Report Spam to other machine

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Mon Apr 21 07:10:01 UTC 2014

----- Nachricht von Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca> ---------
   Datum: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:10:52 -0300
     Von: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Report Spam to other machine
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> [...]
>>     //    'port' => 587,
>>     //    'username' => null
>>     ),
>>     'spam' => array(
>>          'innocent' => array(
>>              'display' => true,
>>         //
>>         //     // Email reporting driver
>>         //     'email' => null,
>>            //     'email_format' => 'digest',
>>         //
>>     //     // Null reporting driver
>>         //     'null' => true,
>>         //
>>     //     // Program reporting driver
>>              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C revoke -u %l',
>>          ),
>>      'spam' => array(
>>              'display' => true,
>>         //
>>     //     // Email reporting driver
>>         //     'email' => null,
>>         //     'email_format' => 'digest',
>>         //
>>     //     // Null reporting driver
>>         //     'null' => true,
>>         //
>>     //     // Program reporting driver
>>              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l',
>>          ),
>>     // // It is possible to directly define additional spam drivers.
>>         // // The 'drivers' array should contain a list of driver objects
>>         // // (these classes must implement the IMP_Spam_Base class).
>>         // 'drivers' => array(
>>         //     new IMP_Example_Spam_Driver()
>>         // )
>>     ),
>>     'admin' => array(
>>     //     'user' => 'cyrus',
>>     //     'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
>>     //     'userhierarchy' => 'user.'
>>     ),
>>     'acl' => true,
>>     'cache' => false,
>>     // 'debug' => '/tmp/imp_imap.log',
>>     // 'debug_raw' => false,
>>     'quota' => array(
>>         'driver' => 'imap',
>>         'params' => array(
>>             'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
>>             'unit' => 'MB'
>>         )
>>     ),
>>     'special_mboxes' => array(
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_DRAFTS => 'Drafts',
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SENT => 'Sent',
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM => 'Spam',
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TEMPLATES => 'Templates',
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TRASH => 'Trash',
>>     //     IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_USERSPECIAL => array(
>>     //         'Example' => _("Example Special Mailbox")
>>     //     )
>>     ),
>>     'autocreate_special' => false,
>> );
>>

>> Where does     //     // Program reporting driver
>>              'program' => '/usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l'
>> sending the report to? Is it automatically the machine entered in the
>> 'hostspec' field?
>> Or do I have to tell the program an option to report to another IP?
>

> According to the spamc man page you would need something like
> /usr/bin/spamc -C report -u %l -d Server2

Oh, thank you very much, I missed that part and now did as it says.
Still nothing in both servers logs.

> -d host[,host2], --dest=host[,host2]
>            In TCP/IP mode, connect to spamd server on given host
> (default: localhost).  Several hosts can be specified if separated
> by commas.
>
>            If host resolves to multiple addresses, then spamc will
> fail-over to the other addresses, if the first one cannot be
> connected to.  It will
>            first try all addresses of one host before it tries the
> next one in the list.  Note that this fail-over behaviour is
> incompatible with -x;
>            if that switch is used, fail-over will not occur.

So how does the Horde process really work?

Someone selects a mail, then klick the SPAM button.
Horde takes this mail and directly put it in SPAMC's hands, and SPAMC
will give it to the other servers amavisd?

Or do I need to configure postfix and amavisd on the webserver too?

And does anybody know if spam gets reported will it show this action
in the log?

Thank you,
Andreas