[horde] Upgrading Horde Webmail Edition from 1.2.x to 5.1.4

Joe Besko jbesko at msu.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:18:04 UTC 2014

I'm trying to upgrade a test system of HWE 1.2.5 to 5.1.4.  I've
gotten everything completed up to "webmail-install" when I get the
following error:

Installing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Horde_Registry' not found in
/usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Core/Bundle.php on line 60

Fatal error: Class 'Horde_Registry' not found in
/usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Core/Bundle.php on line 60

I've searched the archives, but haven't found anything like this.
Similar errors seem to indicate a problem with the PEAR installation.
Do I have a situation with a broken PEAR installation?

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847