[horde] Horde Administration configuration 403

lwieder jaglists at jagtec.net
Sun Apr 27 13:52:36 UTC 2014

Jan, thanks for the email.  In my original post on 4/15 i wrote:
On 04/27/2014 06:14 AM, Jan Schneider [via Horde] wrote:> Don't top-post.

 > Zitat von lwieder <[hidden email]
 > </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=122546&i=0>>:
 >
 >  >
 >  > Michael M Slusarz-2 wrote
 >  >>
 >  >> You need to add the user trying to access the configuration menu to
 >  >> the list of admins (in horde/config/conf.php).
 >  >>
 >  > Michael
 >  > Thanks for the email.  I have this line in my conf.php file, which
 > was done
 >  > when I installed Horde.  On my server it is located in
 >  > /var/www/webmail/config/conf.php
 >  >
 >  > $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('[hidden email]
 > </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=122546&i=1>');
 >  >
 >  > where admin is the correct user name for the administrator and domain
 > is my
 >  > domain
 >  >
 >  > I see this message in my logs when other accounts are using Horde
also.
 >  >
 >  >  HORDE: User is not authorized [pid 5346 on line 1547 of
 >  > "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]

I have found that a cause of this error to be logged is that some of my
clients have a link saved in their browser that goes to
"mail.domian.net/webmail/imp", from the old server setup, rather than
just going to "mail.domain.net/webmail" , which does not cause the
error.  The user is able to log in a work just fine, even though the
error is in my server log.

 > If "admin" is your user name, then "admin" should be in this setting.
 > And you should not enter the administration section manually. If you
 > don't have an administration link in your menu, you should have
 > mentioned that, and could have spared us and yourself 10 days.
 >
 > --
 > Jan Schneider

on 4/15 lwied wrote:
< When I log into the Horde main portal page as Administrator then go  <
to the settings menu, Administration,      < Configuration, I get a 403
page  forbidden message.  All the other Administration items such as
Groups, Users, < Permissions open just fine

Jan,

Thanks for the email. I am sorry, I will bottom post. I DO have an
Administration link. My original message on 4/15 explained that I could
log into the account set up as administrator see the
Administration/Configuration menu link. All the links under
Administration work fine, except Configuration.  I can open all the
Administration links all the way down to CLI.  I cannot open the
Configuration link, this is the only one that returns the 403 Forbidden
page.

Thank you, I do appreciate the help very much..

leon