[horde] Issues with Locale and Time (Was Re: Fwd: Your message to horde awaits moderator approval)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat May 17 21:49:06 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> By the way, I have seen there is a problem with times in the calendar.
>
> I've set "Europe/Berlin" Timezone in Horde,
> but when I create a new calendar entry in OL for 15:00 its going to
> be 13:00 in Horde Webinterface.. a negative diff of 2 hours.
>
> In Horde "Locale and Time" settings seems to be/show wrong (see
> attached screenshot), the system time is "22:35:26",
> but it isn't changing when another time zone is selected and saved..
>
> Could this cause the problem?

No. This is not designed to actually show the current system time,
just an example time in the format selected. I believe that time
string in the drop down is built when the prefs system is first
initialized, and cached. This works the same on my system - changing
the timezone has no effect on the displayed example time in the drop
down. However, I have no other issues related to appointment times in
Kronolith.

Are you sure OL and Horde are both configured for the same timezone
and that Kronolith is storing time in UTC format internally?

--
mike
The Horde Project