[horde] Issues with Locale and Time (Was Re: Fwd: Your message to horde awaits moderator approval)

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Mon May 19 18:36:42 UTC 2014

Am 19.05.2014 20:14, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>>> In the user's 'locale and time' preference.
>>>

>> I have in global Kronolith configuration (config.php?app=kronolith)
>> $conf[calendar][params][utc] = checked
>> $conf[resource][params][utc] = checked
>>
>> For user test at spamreducer.eu:
>> "Your current timezone:" = Europe/Berlin
>> Display 24-hour times? = checked
>>
>> But neverdeless, -2h time difference between OL and Webcalendar.
>>

>> But when I set in global Kronolith configuration
>> (config.php?app=kronolith)
>> $conf[calendar][params][utc] = UNchecked
>> $conf[resource][params][utc] = UNchecked
>> then the times have no difference; theay are inserted in the right
>> way. Really strange for me.
>
> This is because this turns events into "floating" events, meaning they
> occur at the same local time, regardless of timezone. I.e., an event
> created at 12:00 in America/New_York will still show 12:00 at
> America/Los_Angeles.

Ok, but how to use then the calendar in conjunction to OL and mobile
Devices?
In Outlook and mobile Devices the times are the same but on Webcal -2h..
Immagine someone is abroad and enters his new events in Web, when he
comes back to his office PC he opens his OL an all the times are
completely wrong since the timediffs.
Probably I don't understand the meaning of your comment.

Sorry, but I can't understand this behavior..?
Any further Informations for me?

>> I think, this could be an important problem with the problem for the
>> other issue "Interesting/wrong sync behavior with OL2013".
>> Couldn't it be this is creating some error loop in software?
>
> No. Timezone differences would not cause a loop. Plus, as already
> stated that previous error has been fixed.

Yeah, great!