[horde] Issues with Locale and Time (Was Re: Fwd: Your message to horde awaits moderator approval)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon May 19 18:14:11 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Am 19.05.2014 16:02, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>>> Dont know where to find it..
>>
>> In the user's 'locale and time' preference.
>>

> I have in global Kronolith configuration (config.php?app=kronolith)
> $conf[calendar][params][utc] = checked
> $conf[resource][params][utc] = checked
>
> For user test at spamreducer.eu:
> "Your current timezone:" = Europe/Berlin
> Display 24-hour times? = checked
>
> But neverdeless, -2h time difference between OL and Webcalendar.
>

> But when I set in global Kronolith configuration (config.php?app=kronolith)
> $conf[calendar][params][utc] = UNchecked
> $conf[resource][params][utc] = UNchecked
> then the times have no difference; theay are inserted in the right
> way. Really strange for me.

This is because this turns events into "floating" events, meaning they
occur at the same local time, regardless of timezone. I.e., an event
created at 12:00 in America/New_York will still show 12:00 at
America/Los_Angeles.

> I think, this could be an important problem with the problem for the
> other issue "Interesting/wrong sync behavior with OL2013".
> Couldn't it be this is creating some error loop in software?

No. Timezone differences would not cause a loop. Plus, as already
stated that previous error has been fixed.

--
mike
The Horde Project