[horde] [ActiveSync] unable to send email

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon May 19 18:56:36 UTC 2014

Quoting "Pulz, Joerg" <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de>:

> ----- Message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
>     Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:08:18 -0400
>     From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>  Subject: Re: [horde] [ActiveSync] unable to send email
>       To: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Quoting "Pulz, Joerg" <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de>:
>>
>>> ----- Message from Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu> ---------
>>>  Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 15:10:14 +0200
>>>  From: Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>
>>> Subject: Re: [horde] [ActiveSync] unable to send email
>>>    To: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> ----- End message from Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu> -----
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> didn't helped, as this is and was already set.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Joerg
>>
>> You need to have your email address configured in the user's
>> identity preference.
>
> ----- End message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> -----
>
> Hi,
>
> as already said, it is and was already configured (see attached screenshots).
> It worked perfectly (with git from 2014-04-13) before i pulled from
> github and updated today.
>
> As you can see in the detailed log i posted to the list, both sender
> and recipient addresses are in the mail i compose on Android.

The sender address sent from the client doesn't matter. We replace it
with the the sender from the identity that the user prefs indicate to
use for ActiveSync.

> Is there by any chance a change in the code where the account email
> from Android has to match the configured email for the identity?
> This is not the case here and was no problem in previous versions.

Nope, and in fact, this is the case for my personal install as well.
The only thing the identity email is used for related to email is
setting the From: header in SENDMAIL requests (it's also used for some
stuff during calendar syncs).

To track this down further, you should probably start looking in
Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::sendMail()

--
mike
The Horde Project