[horde] General question to "horde-autoloader-cache-prune"

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue May 20 10:13:08 UTC 2014

Citeren Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Am 20.05.2014 11:56, schrieb Arjen de Korte:
>> Citeren Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>>> Non PHP guru..
>>> How to check if "apc" is installed? I dont have a "apc.ini" on filesystem..
>>
>> Run
>>
>>    phpinfo();
>>
>> in a the PHP shell (available under the Horde Administration), but...
>>
>>> Now I've set $conf[cache][driver] = "Use the APC cache"..but why
>>> no errors if I've not installed APC? Can I check if cache is
>>> really working?
>>
>> ...the above means APC is installed (and working), otherwise Horde
>> wouldn't run anymore.
>
> Found it! Its called "apcu" (running Ubuntu 14.04), and with
> "apc.php" in a public folder now I can see the cache is working!
> And the cron-messages has just disappeared.
>
> Should there som cronjob to rebuild the cache every day/week?

Not needed, APC will do this for you automatically. You can tune this
to some extent, see the variables that are shown by phpinfo(), but I
have never needed this. You'll want to keep an eye on 'apc.php' for
the next few days to see if you have configured enough space. Some
parts of Horde will slow down significantly if you run out of cache
space. If you have a large userbase, you may need to increase this
from the default value of 64 MB (if memory serves).