[horde] Question about NAG saving

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Fri May 23 06:42:05 UTC 2014

Am 22.05.2014 21:55, schrieb Arjen de Korte:
> Citeren Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11596
>>>
>>> a.) Is mod_rewrite enabled?
>>> b.) Is AllowOverride all?
>>
>> a) mod_rewrite is enabled (phpinfo says it's loaded)
>> b) AllowOverride is set in "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf"
>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>> DocumentRoot /var/www
>>     <Directory "/var/www">
>>       Options FollowSymLinks
>>       AllowOverride All
>>     </Directory>
>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Horde is installed in "/var/www/horde".
>>
>> This is my "/var/www/horde/.htaccess":
>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>> allow from all
>>
>> <ifmodule mod_rewrite.c="">
>>     RewriteEngine On
>>
>>     # Add the redirect to HTTPS rule.
>>     RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
>>     RewriteRule ^(.*) https://xxxxx.com/horde/$1 [L]
>>
>>     # This is the default Horde rule.
>>     RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
>>     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
>>     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
>>     RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
>> </ifmodule>
>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Don't modify horde/.htaccess, this file is part of Horde and may/will
> be modified when upgrading. The better option would be to use a
> redirect here (see the Simple Redirection in
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/rewrite/avoid.html). I'm a little
> worried about the line

Installing horde from GIT makes symlinks from the installation path to
the apache root/virtual folder, but ".htaccess" isn't linked in my case.
(I've overwritten it by hand in apache virtual folder)
In Horde's original ".htaccess" file is just one line containing: "deny
from all"; probably for security purpose..

>     <ifmodule mod_rewrite.c="">
>
> I'm not sure what the '=""' is doing here.

To be honest, I don't know it too!
I've copied this file from other installation instructions.. I'm not an
apache expert.
But it seems to work, since every "http" connection will be
rewritten/redirected to a "https" connection.
What's your config? I mean ".htaccess" and "Virtual host"?