[horde] Question about NAG saving

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri May 23 08:10:21 UTC 2014

Citeren Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Am 22.05.2014 21:55, schrieb Arjen de Korte:
>> Citeren Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>>> a) mod_rewrite is enabled (phpinfo says it's loaded)
>>> b) AllowOverride is set in "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf"
>>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>>> DocumentRoot /var/www
>>>    <Directory "/var/www">
>>>      Options FollowSymLinks
>>>      AllowOverride All
>>>    </Directory>
>>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Horde is installed in "/var/www/horde".
>>>
>>> This is my "/var/www/horde/.htaccess":
>>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>>> allow from all
>>>
>>> <ifmodule mod_rewrite.c="">
>>>    RewriteEngine On
>>>
>>>    # Add the redirect to HTTPS rule.
>>>    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
>>>    RewriteRule ^(.*) https://xxxxx.com/horde/$1 [L]
>>>
>>>    # This is the default Horde rule.
>>>    RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
>>>    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
>>>    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
>>>    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
>>> </ifmodule>
>>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Don't modify horde/.htaccess, this file is part of Horde and
>> may/will be modified when upgrading. The better option would be to
>> use a redirect here (see the Simple Redirection in
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/rewrite/avoid.html). I'm a
>> little worried about the line
>
> Installing horde from GIT makes symlinks from the installation path
> to the apache root/virtual folder, but ".htaccess" isn't linked in
> my case.
> (I've overwritten it by hand in apache virtual folder)
> In Horde's original ".htaccess" file is just one line containing:
> "deny from all"; probably for security purpose..
>

>>    <ifmodule mod_rewrite.c="">
>>
>> I'm not sure what the '=""' is doing here.
>
> To be honest, I don't know it too!
> I've copied this file from other installation instructions.. I'm not
> an apache expert.
> But it seems to work, since every "http" connection will be
> rewritten/redirected to a "https" connection.
> What's your config? I mean ".htaccess" and "Virtual host"?

I don't rewrite http to https (the server only allows access on port
443, it doesn't even listen to port 80). The contents of
horde/.htaccess are unmodified from PEAR packages:

---8<---

# IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
# It will be overwritten with any future upgrade.

allow from all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On