[horde] General question about clustering horde

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 5 18:59:18 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Now we are testing to cluster 2 horde servers and would like to know if
> there are some “sticking points” we should considering when trying to
> cluster Horde.

The big thing to remember in clustering is that temporary data needs
to be stored in a backend that is available to all of the backends
running PHP since (without any fancy sort of front end proxying) there
is no guarantee all connections from a single user will go to the same
machine.

So session storage, SQL, NoSQL, VFS, HashTable, etc. needs to be
configured to be reachable globally within the cluster.

michael