[horde] horde-remove-user-data leaves data of user in various tables

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Jun 24 14:37:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:
>
>> I'm using 2014-06-20's stable PEAR packages of Horde 5.
>>
>> If I remove the user data with horde-remove-user-data, the user data in the
>> rampage tables are left untouched and there are entries imp:<user>: in
>> horde_histories still.
>>
>> a) Would it make sense to call history->removeByParent("imp:<user>") in
>> removeUserData() of imp?
>
> We don't remove history data for any other application. I would say we
> shouldn't remove it for IMP either. For other apps, it's possible the data
> could still be used for synchronization, for IMP even though this is not the
> case, I could see it being used as some type of audit trail.

OK, understood.
I'm thinking about the data in this table for two reasons:
1a) For privacy purpose I'm entitled to give the data a "end of live",
once an user left the organisation and the account is deleted.
1b) The History grows, see message "horde_histories" by Pete from Feb 2014
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/34294/focus=34297, which may
become a performance problem.

2) The data is required for sync'ing of (in the future) shared ressources.

I'll think about this issue again, probably once the remote access to
shared ressource works. :-)

>> d) horde_activesync_cache, horde_activesync_device_users
>> still contains entries with cache_user or device_user = <user>, the device
>> referenced here, is in horde_activesync_device and horde_activesync_state,
>> too.

>> That might probably happen because of:
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13277 -> orphan devices not removed
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13278 -> function call at wrong place
>
> Correct.

Your changes work for me. Thanks.

>> e) the same for: horde_dav_collections
>> calendars a.s.o. deleted by the script are still listed
>>
>> Neither deleteInternalCollectionId() nor deleteExternalCollectionId() from
>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Dav/Storage/Base.php are called anywhere in Horde it
>> seems. So cleanup is not implemented, yet?
>>
>> f) imp_sentmail
>> has entries with sentmail_who = <user>
>
> This table is self-cleaning, IIRC.

Ah, there is ./imp/lib/LoginTasks/SystemTask/GarbageCollection.php, which
triggers the cleaning of the table weekly, when an admin logs into IMP. I
didn't noticed this, yet.

--
Steffen