[horde] Logging into Horde from another website.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 24 19:33:51 UTC 2014

Quoting Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca>:

> Hi all.
>
> Way back in Horde 3.3.6, it used to be possible to log into Horde
> through a web form at another location, just using some embedded HTML
> form values, ie:
>
>> <form action='https://webmail.lightspeed.ca/horde/imp/redirect.php'>
>>
>> <input type=text size=25 name='imapuser' id='imapuser'>
>>
>> <input type=password size=25 name='pass' id='pass'>
>>
>> </form>
>
> However, this form no longer appears to work in Horde 5.1.6, and just
> puts the user at the Horde login prompt (again, from their point of
> view). Since users are used to logging into our webmail through our home
> page, it's pretty important that upgrading to the latest version of
> Horde be as seamless as it used to be. What do we need to do to make
> this work?

All logins are handled through a single Horde endpoint now (horde/login.php).

The list of URL parameters for the base page is located at the top of
that script.  Specific applications (like IMP) may require additional
parameters -- see the application's
[App]_Application#authLoginParams() for these values.

michael