[horde] My how things have changed

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Jul 8 15:12:46 UTC 2014

On 7/8/2014 10:30 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:
>
>> It's been years since I've updated Horde/Imp. A lot has changed since
>> that time. I finally got webmail installed thanks to the help of a
>> couple of patient folk.
>>
>> On the current server, we use Imp as a frontend for webmail. I use
>> perdition to connect to real servers to read the email, and a local
>> sendmail for sending email. The current version I'm running lets
>> perdition map to the proper mail server based on domain of the user
>> that logs in. Some of this is configured under Horde, and the rest
>> under IMP.
>>
>> After installing webmail, I find I don't have any Horde config files.
>> All are under imp/config. Should I have installed Horde Groupware
>> instead of Horde Groupware Webmail? What is the difference between
>> these two?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> steve campbell
>
> If you didn't have Horde configuration files, your system wouldn't work.
>
> The difference between Webmail Edition and plain Groupware is
> explained on the website.

So it appears that I probably should have used Groupware instead of
Webmail Edition. Is there a way to uninstall what I have so that I can
the other?

My big issue at the moment is that I don't see where I can add a
dropdown on login to select a domain. In the old version, that was done
in a file named servers.php along with some other changes. I'm not sure
that files would be similar though even if I install the other installation.

steve