[horde] My how things have changed

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 8 15:31:07 UTC 2014

On 07/ 8/14 11:12 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:

> On 7/8/2014 10:30 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:
>>
>>> It's been years since I've updated Horde/Imp. A lot has changed
>>> since that time. I finally got webmail installed thanks to the help
>>> of a couple of patient folk.
>>>
>>> On the current server, we use Imp as a frontend for webmail. I use
>>> perdition to connect to real servers to read the email, and a local
>>> sendmail for sending email. The current version I'm running lets
>>> perdition map to the proper mail server based on domain of the user
>>> that logs in. Some of this is configured under Horde, and the rest
>>> under IMP.
>>>
>>> After installing webmail, I find I don't have any Horde config
>>> files. All are under imp/config. Should I have installed Horde
>>> Groupware instead of Horde Groupware Webmail? What is the difference
>>> between these two?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> steve campbell
>>
>> If you didn't have Horde configuration files, your system wouldn't work.
>>
>> The difference between Webmail Edition and plain Groupware is
>> explained on the website.
>>
> So it appears that I probably should have used Groupware instead of
> Webmail Edition.

If you want webmail (imp) you should use *Horde Groupware Webmail Edition*.
Plain *Groupware* does not include imp.

 From the website:
"Horde Groupware bundles the separately available applications
Kronolith, Turba, Nag Mnemo, Gollem, and Trean."
"Horde Groupware Webmail Edition bundles the separately available
applications IMP, Ingo, Kronolith, Turba, Nag, Mnemo, Gollem, and Trean."