[horde] KitKat email clients with Horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jul 11 14:57:47 UTC 2014

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> The Samsung email client that comes with the S4 KitKat is the same
>> one that has been there since 4.2, and it's really not that
>> special, so I'm trying some alternatives for Android 4.4.2.

Except that it actually *works*, as opposed to the stock 4.4.2 KitKat
Exchange implementation, which has major issues with attachments and a
few other things (they are fixed in 4.4.3 but have not been released
as stable in any ROM yet).

>> I installed the Android Email / Exchange APKs (I tried both 6.0 and
>> 6.2), and found that unlike every other client it displays my Imp /
>> IMAP folder structure with Drafts / Sent / Saved Emails / Trash as
>> sitting UNDERNEATH Inbox, so at the top of my Inbox display is the
>> list of those folders... :( Anyone else have the same? Is it likely
>> to be something about how I have my userspace or something?
>
> K-9 mail works well for me.

+1 for K-9. I loved it, back before I started eating my own dog food
and began using ActiveSync exclusively on my mobile devices.

If you are looking for an ActiveSync alternative, you should look at
TouchDown.

--
mike
The Horde Project