[horde] Garbage collection horde/static directory

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 11 19:48:11 UTC 2014

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> I have configured horde to cache Javascript and CSS files in the
>> /static directory with a $conf[cachecssparams][lifetime] and
>> $conf[cachejsparams][lifetime] of 86400 (seconds). Therefor I was
>> surprised to see that there are files well over two months old in
>> that directory. Are files not expired automatically?
>
> From comments in Horde_LoginTasks_SystemTask_GarbageCollection:
>
>         /* Clean out static cache files. Any user has a 0.1% chance of
>          * triggering weekly (these static files are shared amongst all
>          * users). */

That may work well on a system with hundreds (or thousands) of users,
but with ten users after a full year there will be a 60% chance that
the garbage collection doesn't run. In the mean time, about 1.5 GB of
files will be generated, wasting space on the tmpfs system I intended
to use for it. I guess I better setup a cronjob to clean this out at
fixed intervals instead.