[horde] Where can I discover what the "Modes" mean on the Horde login screen

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Jul 14 15:44:50 UTC 2014

On 14.07.2014 15:58, Steve Campbell wrote:
> Just wondering where the definitions of the Modes (Basic, Dynamic,
> Mobile-Smartphone/Tablet, and Mobile-Minimal) might be found and how
> they are supposed to be used.
>
> Also, if I don't want anything but Basic, how might I remove that
> dropdown on the login screen?
>
> Thanks
>
> steve campbell

This is documented in the wiki. Normally, on desktops you want dynamic.

Basic: Traditional mode with mostly static html and page reload on
actions. Mostly backwards compat. Some rarely used features are not
ported to dynamic mode and are only accessible here. When an app has a
dynamic UI, new features may not appear in basic mode.

Dynamic: Ajax enabled mode for modern user experience. The standard mode
for apps which support it.

mobile-minimal: For WAP/GPRS generation devices. Mostly webmail.
Mobile-Smartphone: Uses a touch-phone friendly UI based on jquery
mobile. This is what you want on most android devices.

Please look at horde/config/prefs.php and horde/$app/config/prefs.php
for documentation on how you can lock a certain mode or disable dynamic
mode only for select apps.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer