[horde] pre-select spellcheck language

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jul 15 21:22:35 UTC 2014

Quoting "A. Schulze" <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Hello,
>
> every time I write a message the spellcheck assist me in not writing
> complete non sense.
> When *answering* to a message sometime the compose window remember me
> "the receiver prefer answers in this language: English"
>
> I would be nice if the default spell checking language is
> automatically changed to English in this case.
>
> Otherwise I often
>  - check in german first (waste of time of course)
>  - notice my mistake
>  - switch spell lang to English
>  - check again

There's no guarantee that you are going to reply in English.

And what happens if the receiver perfers answers in multiple languages.

Or what happens if the receiver prefers an answer in a language that
you don't speak.

I don't see a way of making this work correctly the majority of the time.

michael