[horde] pre-select spellcheck language

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 22:28:36 UTC 2014

On 15 Jul 2014 23:23, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting "A. Schulze" <sca at andreasschulze.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> every time I write a message the spellcheck assist me in not writing
complete non sense.
>> When *answering* to a message sometime the compose window remember me
>> "the receiver prefer answers in this language: English"
>>
>> I would be nice if the default spell checking language is automatically
changed to English in this case.

>> Otherwise I often
>>  - check in german first (waste of time of course)
>>  - notice my mistake
>>  - switch spell lang to English
>>  - check again
>

> There's no guarantee that you are going to reply in English.
>
> And what happens if the receiver perfers answers in multiple languages.
>
> Or what happens if the receiver prefers an answer in a language that you
don't speak.

> I don't see a way of making this work correctly the majority of the time.

I would have thought two conditions cover the majority of cases...

1) the language the email was written in...
2) the set language horde is in..
    b) the default language the browser is in.

Or better, a weighting factor of the three.

My sender writes in German, my horde is in English, my browser is in
Italian..
  German
My sender writes in Chinese, my horde is in German, my browser is in German
  German
My sender writes in Spanish, my horde is in English*, my browser is in
Spanish
  Spanish

Simon
* bonus algorithm, if any of the three is in English default to English
since they are the least likely to be bilingual... ;)