[horde] ActiveSync minor issues

Volker Then horde40 at volkerthen.com
Wed Jul 30 16:07:50 UTC 2014

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> Is that an issue of the protocol or of any client? This was also
>> happening on iOS. I wonder why the client is able to extract the
>> recipient's contact image from the contact list (of the phone, I
>> guess) but unable to get the recipient's name (either from the
>> phone or the mail header).
>
> Can you be more specific about what is happening? Is it the
> recipient's name or the sender's name? Are you viewing it on an
> ActiveSync client, the web interface, or does it happen on both? Do
> emails sent from BOTH the web interface and the ActiveSync client
> show this behavior, or just one of them? Does the recipient see the
> email with the full name?

More specific:
The behaviour occurs only in the Sent folder, on all mobile Active
Sync Clients I tested so far (I did not test Outlook 2013 yet): Nine,
Mailwise, iOS Mail (at least several months ago, before I switched to
Android). In the Sent folder's listing only the recipients's mail
addresses are shown. It only happens on the Active Sync Client. It
doesn't matter from where the mails have been sent - either from the
Active Sync Client or from the Horde webinterface. Only email
addresses are shown instead of recipients's names in the sent folder
listing. The recipient does see the email with his full name. Also in
the mail view I see no information about the recipient's name on the
device. I am using dovecot 2.1.7 on Debian wheezy.

Thanks

Volker